Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I'm the worst blogger...YEESH!!

I have the best intentions of keeping up with my blog and then "Life" takes a hold of ya and takes ya for a lonnnnnnng ride...lol. I have really missed my blog...so I will really try to keep it updated more often...(crossing my fingers).

I've been extremely busy these past...um...8 months since my last post...yeesh...8 MONTHS... WOW...I can't believe that much time has passed by. Anyway, I've been very busy and putting most of...if not ALL my attention on...Photography. It has totally consumed me and about 6 months ago I made an exciting decision...I want to be a full time photographer. It just feels so right...FINALLY...something that feels so wonderful and so RIGHT! I have always loved taking pictures since I could remember... but now it's totally different...it has become a passion. I just
LOVE being behind the camera and capturing those "Special moments in people's lives". I had my first paying gig (a freinds referral) just a few months ago and had a wonderful time doing it. I'm hoping within the year (or sooner) to have my website up and running. I am so inspired and soooooooo very excited!!!! I'll keep ya'll posted - Wish me luck! :)

Also, Phil and I switched from PC to Macs last May and we haven't looked back. We have been extremely happy with our new computers. I got the 24"
iMac and I absolutely LOVE IT and Phil got the MacBook Pro Laptop and it's his new best friend...lol. We had to buy all new software but it was totally worth it. I had been on PC's all my life and thought I was going to have a much harder time with the learning curve and I didn't - it was really easy to make the switch. My mom even made the switch and loves her 20" iMac as well.

Here's a picture that he took of me on his camera last May. I had come back from a weekend trip with the girls and Phil had surprised me. He had transferred everything from the old computer and had added all the new software as well. Boy I was doing the happy dance...WOO
HOO!!! Don't I look happy...lol! Love you Babe!!

I've also been learning Photoshop CS2 and been taking tutorials on-line (WOW what a huge program) but can I just tell you that it's one of my favorite programs...I LOVE IT!

Last subject for the night...I promise...
LOL. Phil and I had the pleasure of performing in the very first John Burroughs High School Choir- Alumni Pop Show last September 8th. We had the BEST time seeing old H.S. friends that we hadn't seen in over 20 years. We had to rehearse (just like in HS) gosh that brought back so many wonderful memories. We just received a copy of the Show on DVD and after watching it...let me tell ya - we put on a Darn good show. And because of the show we got in contact with a long time friend who we hadn't seen in over 15 years and her name is Jenny Mathious. She was so special to us and we all lost contact with her and we are ALL just so happy to have her in our lives once again. We love you Jenny and I promise to call you and get-together - okay! Here's a picture of Jenny and I.

And here are a couple of pictures of the show...


Teri, Roz, Karol and I - right before going on stage to sing "Meeting in the Ladies Room" By Klymaxx. It was a huge hit in 1986...lol.









Phil worked on his song for a couple of weeks. He learned all of the background parts and recorded and video taped all the parts separately and the final product was AMAZING!!! At the show he sang live while the background vocals were pre-recorded.









And this is the reason we ALL came back to do the show...Mrs. Mary Rago. She was the Choir Director for many, many years, she was and still is such a Special and wonderful teacher that truly inspired us all. We dedicated the show in honor of her because she retired the previous year.

Well, there ya have it. I told ya I've been busy...but I know that's no excuse..
lol. I promise to start posting more often and I will also be busy uploading pictures to share as well. Bye for now! :)

0 comments: